Sunday 29 April 2012


‘Serving’ all the time,
all the way

For most people, MLA Jai Bhagwan Aggarwal is merely a politico.  But in an exclusive interview with
Ishita Sawhney
He reveals that he’s always been a ‘SEVAK’

Aggarwal a four-time MLA –This time from ROHINI constituency of North West Delhi joined the BJP in 1993. A graduate from Shivaji College, Delhi – Jai Bhagwan Aggarwal was an assistant health inspector with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi from 1973 to 1986.

He resigned from that job to open a showroom selling electronic items. Aggarwal left that business also and then opened a travel agency, which is now managed by his sons.

At the age of 42 in 1993, he entered politics and contested the Delhi Assembly elections. Wife Krishna Aggarwal is a homemaker. They have three sons.   


When asked “Why he chose to be a politico after abandoning two of his ventures?” 
Sh. Jai Bhagwan  Aggarwal replied – Business  was never made for him as he always wanted to serve his people. `Arrey hum to apnee Janta ke sevak hain, Dhandha  kabhi  hamara  tha hi  nahin.’  

“If business was not made for http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0XmAoEzUn0y09ybm_29uTnJNe8_psf7Bt0wDLvusqSv_Adi0uPAyou, then why did you leave your Municipal  job?”
As already said I wanted to serve my people. That is my passion.

“If serving people was your passion, then why did you leave your Municipal job? There also you were serving people”
As you know that while in a job one cannot socialize and work for people openly and also justify his job simultaneously so I had to choose one and I chose service to people.

“Or was it that politics was more lucrative than any other thing?”
Had I been after money, then my business was also paying me well.  Still my children are handling it and earning from it.

“How do you satisfy yourself that you are able to target your goal well?”
During last elections in 2008, the Congress Government headed by Smt. Sheila Dixit cut sized and shuffled the constituencies to favour their candidates which changed the results of the elections – At that crucial time too my people favoured me with their love.

“Is this love for work limited to your constituency only?”
I am attached to  Shri Vatsalya Gram project at Vrindavan under the Able guidance of  Didi Ritambhra ji.

“How you feel you are a true Nationalist?”
It is not the question of just my feeling – It is How my people take me to be – Moreover I am a true soldier of BJP.

“How is it that you still travel in an  Ambasador car, when people have taken to new models?”
It again tells you about my Nationalistic values. However, I do not define or support  this alone as criteria.

“Does KRISHNA JI also take part in political activites?”
She is the most major Force behind me, I believe.

“How do you see the future of India?”
I am a staunch believer of Hindustanism and believe that there is an unmatched potential available from our cultural heritage and We – Indians would not let go waste, the efforts of people who got India liberated from the British.

“How would you like to address the youth force of India?”
Youth are our Past, Present and Future. Our youth are the most viberant Force in the World and WE base all our Hopes on our confidence in them.




No comments: